Scholarships for College and Technical Schools
These scholarships are available each school year in the BG counseling office and/or online.
Below are scholarships that are available through the counseling office. Be sure to check the eligibility requirements for each scholarship, prior to applying. Be sure to start any scholarship with adequate time to finish it by the deadline.
Tip: Read the fine print on scholarships, sometimes scholarship agencies will put valuable information in this section that you need in order to complete an application properly.
If the scholarship you are looking for is not available online, please email Mrs. Butler at email@example.com and she will send you the scholarship via email. Be sure to include which scholarships you would like her to send
NEWEST SCHOLARSHIPS ARE ADDED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST.
- Wendy's High School Heisman. $1000 to $10,000. Senior Student Athletes. Due: October 2, 2017. Click Here
- Prudential Spirit of Community Award: up to $5000. Grades 7-12. Due: November 7, 2017. Click Here
- WACE National Co-op Scholarship Program: various scholarships/various amounts. Available to students entering Drexel, Clarkson, RIT, and many more. Due: February 15, 2018. Click Here
- ARC Federal Credit Union Scholarship: $3000. Senior. Due: March 2, 2018. Available in counseling office. Click here
- Horatio Alger Scholarship: up to $25,000. Senior. Due: October 25, 2017. Click here
- Western PA Golf Assoc Scholarship: up to $16,000. Senior+. Due: November 30, 2017. Available in the counseling office.
- Primary Health Network: Up to $5000. Senior. Due: February 15, 2018. Click here
- Women's Transportation Seminar Scholarship: $1,000.00. Senior female pursuing transportation related field (including, but not limited to, Engineer, Planner, Scientists, Finance, Historian, CADD, Public Relations, Ecologist) Due: December 6, 2017. Click here
- Fireside Catholic Publishing Essay Scholarship: $1,000. Seniors are eligible to apply. Due: 12/4/17. Click here or speak with Mr. Sutton.
- Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships: $5000. K-College. Due December 5th, 2017. click here
- Epilepsy Foundation Scholarship: $1,000. Senior with a diagnosis of epilepsy/seizure disorder is eligible to apply. Due March 16, 2018. click here
- Princeton Prize in Race Relations: $1,000. Due January 31, 2018. click here
- GE Reagan Foundation Scholarship: $10,000. Senior. Due: January 4, 2018. click here
- ACT Champion Award: $500. Seniors. Due: December 31, 2017. click here
- Pennsylvania American Legion Scholarships: Details for all are available here.
- Essay Contest. 9-12 grade. Between $2,500 and $3,500 awarded.
- Oratorical Contest. 9-12 grade. Between $4,000 and $7,500 awarded.
- Sebastianelli Drum Corp Scholarship. Senior, band member. $500.00
- Gavenonis Scholarship and Valimont Endowment. Senior.
- Robert Trace Essay Contest. Ages 15-18. $500.00
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund: $500 to $5000. Seniors. Due: March 31, 2018 (doesn't open until Jan 1, 2018). click here
- Pitt PA Scholars: Up to Full Tuition. Seniors going to Pitt. Due: Varies by Scholarship. click here
- McEldowney Academic Scholarship: Seniors. Due: March 29. click here. One male and one female BG student will win this scholarship.
- PA Association of Community Bankers: $1,000. Seniors whose parent works for a member bank. Due: February 23, 2018. Available in the counseling office.
- Elks Legacy Award Contest: $1000. Seniors. Due: February 2nd, 2018. click here
- Kiwanis Club Scholarships: Variety of awards. Seniors. Due: March 15, 2018. click here
- Blackwood Music Scholarship: up to $5000. Senior pursuing a music degree. Due: February 1, 2018. click here
Home School District Scholarships
Often there are scholarships that are available to students who live in a certain geographic area or town/city. We encourage students to visit their School District of Residence's scholarship page to find out if there are scholarships available to them. Depending on the distance a student travels, we may or may not receive the same scholarships that a student in the home school district would receive at their school. Below are links to the counseling pages for area schools: